Beverage for Occasions – Mobile Diary
Client : A global beverage major
Objective: To obtain real time data on beverage consumption behavior and the related attitudes and motivations. Scope: 6 countries
Challenge : An app that would seamlessly work in different languages and mobile networks in online/offline mode
- The app covered a structured questionnaire relating each consumption occasion
- Logical routing of questionnaire reduced the number of questions asked at each occasion
- App based system sent reminders to the phone if it was inactive for more than 4 hours
- App was developed in 4 languages
- Respondents recorded photographs of beverage consumed using the app
- Images were uploaded and could be seen by client on real-time basis
Results : The Mobile based Beverage Diary delivered the following benefits:
- First ever real time data capture was possible using this mobile app
- Further details like time and place of consumption was possible to track using GPS tracking
Client : A FMCG major
Objectives: Test three Television Commercials at animatic stage
How to cover 6 study centers within a week with audio feedback, as central location testing would have taken much longer to organize .
- Survelytics mobile platform resulted in a structured questionnaire that was loaded on tablets carried by investigators
- The app had the capability to play the video and record responses on the same device
- The need for central location testing was avoided, as the interviews could take place in the respondents’ own environment
- Reduced turn around time by 30%
- Cost advantages over Central Location Testing in the region of 25%
Latest Survelytics Presentation
Survelytics (www.survelytics.com) enables easy gathering of market research data using mobile phones and tablets. The platform has been successfully deployed on live projects across several countries including USA, China, India, Mexico, Germany, Russia, Columbia, Singapore, Malaysia and Australia.
Salient features of Survelytics:
- Android & Apple device ready – phones and tablets
- Easy, web based questionnaire development interface, covering multiple question types
- Rich data collection – enabled to collect numbers, text, audio, picture and video
- Video and Picture Display – enabled to push TVCs, Concept Boards to the device (useful for advertising and concept testing)
- Off-line data storage on device – makes it easy to use in low mobile coverage areas.
- Authenticity checks – timestamps, geo-location stamps, random-audio recording are some of the authenticity checks that could improve data quality.
- Speed – instant upload of data to central server via mobile of wifi.
Survelytics, developed by Eki Communications, is being used by leading MR agencies and marketing companies globally. The Survelytics app can be downloaded for demo on iTunes (goo.gl/0b2dj) and Google Play (goo.gl/ofQby).